Release Notes for new product functionality
- AI Insight Improvements
- Toggle between table and visualization view on your insight
- Exclude datasets from the AI
- AI Manager
- Write notes in natural language to teach the AI agent about your data
- Ask follow up questions
- When you want to tweak the AI-generated SQL query, ask a follow up question
- AI Insights are now in Preview!
- AI Insights are answers to ad-hoc natural language questions
- They include a SQL query, data visualization, and interpetation of the output data with natural language
- Generate your transform with natural language!
- Rasgo uses AI to parse your question into a SQL Transform and run it for you
- NOTE: this feature is experimental and outputs should be manually reviewed
- New Canvas Experience
- The new canvas experience for constructing queries is simpler and easier to use according to our beta testers! Try it out next time you're building a query.
- App Home Tab
- Apps now have a built-in home page to make it easy to navigate and learn what's in the app
- Calculated Fields in Pivot Tables
- Use the formula toggle to build your own calculated columns within a pivot table
- Side Navigation 🎉
- One of our most common user requests is more screen real estate when you're analyzing data in a Rasgo App... so we've moved from a top navigation to a side nav menu!
- Subscriptions! 📧
- Now you can subscribe to your favorite bookmarks to get a CSV e-mailed to you each morning
Step 1: Apply the bookmark you want to subscribe to, and click the 'bell' icon
Step 2: Pick the specific tiles and delivery schedule for your subscription
- New "Profile Column" transform
- View the SQL for any tile in an app
- Start a query with any tile in an app
Click the "3 Dots" menu on any app tile to see the SQL or Copy into a Query
- Want to see more than 25 rows? Now you can request more rows when previewing data in Rasgo
Select how many rows you want to load in your browser
- New "New Columns" transform
- This transform makes it easier to build new columns using your data warehouse's SQL syntax with auto-complete of column names as you type
- dbt core support
- Use PyRasgo to push your dbt core manifest file to Rasgo on a schedule
- Rasgo will parse your manifest file and maintain datasets and metrics for each dbt source or model
- App Bookmarks 📕
- When you get that perfect personalized view of your data in an App, save it as a Bookmark
- Bookmarks have unique URLs and are shared with everyone in your organization, so you can use them to collaborate and always get back to the data you need
- App Variables🎉
- Use variables in Apps to personalize all of the queries that an App generates
- For example, make a variable for 'Region' so the App user can set the variable once, but it updates all queries to filter to that Region
- Apps are friendly, interactive user interfaces for consuming your data in Rasgo
- They can include metrics, queries, and existing datasets
- They are fully interactive and dynamic... each change in an app can update a query, generate a visualization, and more
- Find 'Apps' on your top navigation bar in Rasgo
- Personalize your home page with Tags!
- Use the 'Filter by Tags' buttons to see popular metrics and datasets with specific tags
Filter popular objects in Rasgo by their Tags
- Want to organize your datasets, queries, and metrics for easy browsing? Now you can with 🏷 tags!
- dbt Cloud integration
- Rasgo will automatically ingest dbt cloud metadata about your models and metrics so you can use them instantly! Follow these instructions to setup the Integration:
- Categories on queries
- Now you can categorize your queries just like you can with datasets
- Static argument values in accelerators
- Want to hard code an argument value so that your users don't have to manually input everything? Now you can!
Set static values for accelerator arguments
- Activity Feed
- See a feed of events tied to your datasets and metrics in the Activity tab
New Activity Feed
- New tabs for metrics
- Trends to analyze your metric
- About to see metadata and description
- Data sample of the dataset that this metric is part of
- Activity for the event feed
- Transform Manager
- Manage your accelerators and transforms in one spot
- Find the transform manager by clicking on your initial in the top right corner of the app and then selecting Manage Transforms
- New Dataset Tabs!
- About tab now includes both the user-created description and all Rasgo and Data Warehouse metadata
- Data Sample moved to the Data tab
- Lineage moved to the Lineage tab
New Dataset Tabs
- Multiple Owners on a Dataset
- Now you can add multiple people as owners on a dataset instead of just one
- Home Page!
- Search, import data, and see the most popular datasets and metrics all in one place
- Global Search
Global search results preview
- Search for any metadata in Rasgo and find all of the metrics, datasets, and queries that match
- Column Dictionary
- Document your column labels and descriptions using markdown in Rasgo!
- Find the column dictionary as a tab on any Rasgo Dataset
Columns tab on a Dataset
- 1-Click Metric Comparison
- Metric profiles have a shiny new "Compare With" button that lets you choose 1 or more metrics to add to the visualization... and they don't even have to be in the same dataset!
Compare With on Metric Profile
- Refresh Dataset
- One button to click when you need to sync changes from your data warehouse to Rasgo
- For Rasgo datasets, Refresh Dataset will re-run the SQL to generate the dataset
- For datasets registered directly from your data warehouse, Rasgo will just re-sync the table schema
Refresh Dataset button is under the Dataset options menu.
- Date part bug fix
- Updated the list of available date parts to include all valid options, as dictated by your data warehouse
- New Navigation!
- We're saving your mouse, one click at a time...
- Three main tabs (Metrics, Datasets, Queries)
- Relevant sub-tabs based on which item you select in the list
- Use the '<' button on the sidebar to collapse it when you need to focus 😎
- CTEs Everywhere
- All queries created in Rasgo will now run as CTEs until they are saved as Datasets
- This is a purely technical change to minimize the number of objects created and tracked in the data warehouse
- User verification
- Datasets and their associated metrics can optionally have an 'Owner' specified
- Once selected, the 'Owner' can Verify the datasets and metrics so that other users know they can trust them
- Ratio Metrics
- Add a metric of type 'Expression' to create ratio metrics or other mathematically computed metrics
- Filter Enhancements
- Filtering columns just got a whole lot easier with auto-complete and new filter types for checking against a list of values
Is In List Filter with Typeahead Auto-Complete
- No more Rasgo versioning
- Ability to overwrite an existing dataset with a new query via the UI
- Rasgo does not track versions, but supports roll-back to an old iteration of a dataset via an offline artifact (we recommend automatically storing these in Git using our Git Integration)
- A Rasgo dataset maps 1:1 to a fully-qualified table name in your data warehouse
- PyRasgo version 2.0.0!
- Ability to overwrite an existing dataset, which will change the SQL logic that creates the associated fully-qualified table name
- Publish new datasets from offline artifacts with
- Toggle and see the underlying chart data when you're looking at a chart
'Show Chart Data' / 'Hide Chart Data' toggles the chart data table view
- SQL Mode in all filters!
Construct your own WHERE clause in filters, by clicking 'SQL Mode'. Toggle back to the form with 'Form Mode'.
- Calendar date-picker for filters on date columns
- Metric Deep Links
- When you get that metric chart looking just right, you should be able to share it... now you can! Just copy the URL and it will preserve your date settings, group bys, and filters
- GitHub Integration!
- Rasgo integrates with your code repository via our new GitHub app
- Once you install the app via https://app.rasgoml.com/profile, any changes made in Rasgo will automatically update the
Rasgobranch in your repo and trigger a pull request to merge the changes to
- Dataset + Metric Verification via Git
- Datasets and Metrics now have verification statuses when viewed in the Rasgo UI, driven by our new GitHub integration
- When datasets or metrics are created or edited, triggering the pull request in GitHub, they are marked as 'In Review'
- Merging the pull request triggers an update for Rasgo to mark the included datasets or metrics as 'Verified'
- Code View on the canvas
- See all of the SQL generated in your canvas by selecting the 'Code View' tab
- Make changes directly in the 'Code View' tab, and overwrite the 'No-Code View'
- Drafts show on their own tab on home page: My Drafts
- Datasets tab only shows 'Published' datasets
- Markdown editor for descriptions
- Create and preview markdown descriptions on your datasets
- Show 10 unique values for a column when adding a filter
Preview of Distinct Values for a Filter
- Metric-aware chart builder
- Build charts using a mix of metrics and regular columns
- Supports group by for dimension drill down, filters, pre-built time ranges, and more!
- View metrics on the home page with the new metrics tab
- Publish metrics on a dataset
- Explore metric values via the metric profile page
- Metric sparklines, via metric values cached in your warehouse and updated at the time grain frequency of the metric (i.e. daily metrics update each night)
- For more info:
- Favorites: Click the⭐